Tour Code: WHT010 Price: 1500 BahtTime: 16.30-20.00
This is Chiang Mai’s most important and most visible landmark. According to legend, holy relics discovered during the reign of King Kuena (1355-1385) were places in howdah on the back of a white elephant, which carried then to Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, then if dropped dead due to ffatigue from the 16 century and was expanded or restore several times later.
A flight of 306 steps, bordered by a NAGA balustrade, lead up from the parking area to the temple, which has beautiful decorated buildings and a Lanna – style chedi covered with engraved gold plates, flanked by four ornamental umbrellas.
- Pick up at your hotel at 16.30 pm.
- Visit Wat Umong ( tunnel temple) set in forest grounds near the foot of Doi Suthep.
- Visit Doi Suthep , Enjoy the glorious beauty of sacred temple and the fantastic Night city view from the mountain without the usual crowds.
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai around 20.00 pm.
This tour includes:
- Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
- Comfortable air-con car or Mini bus
- All Entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
Clothing: Polite clothes such as trousers or a long skirt should be worn for the visit to Wat Umong and Doi Suthep temple.
Type: Private tour
Price: 1,500 Baht/pax (Private tour only. Minimum 2 pax.)
Operated by: Wandering Star Tour